Monday, May 10, 2010

Fashion Thought

DISGRUNTLED FASHION.
It's everywhere nowadays.
Ripped tights and shirts. Torn jeans. Dark,smeared make-up. Studs mixed with delicate pieces. Teased hair and purposely "trashy" fashion.
Does this trend derive from the need to stand out in this generation?
It's leaking into high fashion.
It's popular among celebrities, designers and everyday citizens.
Personally, I must admit I am an offender of this trend.
There's just something endearing about a mixture of a well put together outfit with a ripped item or two.
















I think it's safe to say this trend isn't going away for a while.

Approve or Despise?

3 comments:

  1. I like how laziness is now trendy!

    Ripped tights? No problem...I can still go out in public and look cool.

    www.thefashionseen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all for digruntled fashion but I do not like the way Taylor Momsen wears it. I think the over-the-top raccoon eyes are a bit too much.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! particularly the picture of Jenny from Gossip Girl, love her! Although she turns into such a whore season 3. Love your posts Blake! <3

    ReplyDelete